Moving to a big city from a small town is an amazing experience. As Alabama’s most populous city, Huntsville shares many features with other great cities across America. Below, we’ll take a closer look at the things that make Huntsville great, and what people moving to Huntsville can look forward to:
1. Great Public Transportation
Living in a great city means you’ll have dependable public transportation to help you get around. Huntsville has three public transit services that cater to passengers with different needs:
- Orbit: Huntsville’s primary public transit is the bus system called Orbit. It operates between 6 am to 9 pm on weekdays, and between 7 am to 7 pm on Saturdays. Orbit buses run on ten different routes across the city.
- Access: The city also operates 19 special vehicles under its Access program for passengers with disabilities. Disabled passengers can travel on Access vehicles with their personal attendants. Passengers must register themselves and get certified before they can use this program.
- Ride Share Options: Huntsville also encourages its residents to use rideshare services. The two major options are Enterprise Rideshare, a vanpooling service, and CommuteSmartHuntsville, a computerized rideshare service with a free online ride-matching facility.
2. A Variety of Dining Options
A great city will give you plenty of options for dining out, whether you want a hamburger and fries, an expensive steak dinner, or international cuisines. Huntsville has many eateries for you to try, from casual fast-food joints to upscale restaurants with fine dining. You can enjoy high-quality food no matter what you’re in the mood for.
3. Many Outdoor Spaces
Living in the city doesn’t mean you need to give up on being out and about in nature. The best cities give you many outdoor spaces for spending time in nature. Adventurous folk can enjoy many outdoor activities in Huntsville thanks to its abundance of natural attractions.
4. Different Entertainment Options
There are many ways to keep yourself entertained and busy in a great city. Diverse entertainment options ensure that there’s something for every budget. Huntsville outperforms many other cities in this area. You can while away an afternoon for free at its many parks or check out all its festivals and events.
5. A Well-Educated Population
Cities are defined by the people that reside there. Highly educated people make better residents, neighbors, and colleagues. Huntsville is one of the most educated cities in the Southeast. Good education combined with Southern politeness and courtesy makes Huntsvillians easy to get along with.
Move in Like a Local brings you firsthand knowledge to make your move to Huntsville easier. Our blog posts have you covered with the best suburbs, schools, and things to see in Huntsville. Check them out to learn more about the Rocket City.